Valvasorjeva ulica 5
SI-1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Mobile +386 51 304 264
Phone +386 5 971 10 97
Fax +386 1 425 43 31
A common question is when to file a claim. A claim has to be filed as soon as you find out about the damage and are able to report it. We can assist and advise you with that.
Property Insurance Claim
- Make sure that you are safe first.
- Check if further damage to property can be prevented.
- Do not alter the evidence about the damage. If that is inevitable, take photos of the evidence first.
- Report the damage to the police (crime or fire).
- Notify your insurance broker and insurer as soon as possible.
- Fill in and file a damage claim with your insurer.
- If you need advice with the claim, contact your insurance broker. Note that not all damages might be covered or they might be covered only up to a certain sum.
- Mandatory car insurance (AO): always fill out the European Accident Statement Form, which can be found at http://european-accident-statement.accidentsketch.com/.
- Comprehensive insurance: call the police if damage is extensive; get the car to your insurer where they will assess the damage.